Nationality: British & American (USA)
An experienced client services manager, senior level agency communicator, problem solver and digital project manager who builds great working relationships with teams, clients and suppliers. An adaptable, driven, imaginative, enthusiastic and experienced creative marketing design professional who specialises in delivering measurable results through conceiving, researching and implementing effective strategies & solutions, for the internet, multimedia, video & print. A proactive and pragmatic thinker who utilises jargon-free language to lead teams to learn more, collaborate more, feel more, commit more, and care more about the positive difference they can make to the bottom line of their organisation. A proud ‘geek’ who is enthusiastic and passionate about all things digital, as well as, what difference it can make for brands and agencies. A team leader with a long history of working flexibly to fill knowledge gaps, mentor and support new learning, improve processes, create new efficiencies and keep agency output standards high.
Eastern Michigan University – December 1991 to May 1996 Bachelor of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies including: Art, Education/Teaching & Political Sciences
Oakland and Macomb Community Colleges – (Michigan, USA) Jan 1988 to Dec 1990 Liberal Arts & Basic Studies
Ernest W. Seaholm High School – (Birmingham, Michigan, USA) Sept 1983 to Jun 1987 Liberal Arts & College Prep
Key technical skills:
Senior Digital Project Manager, Hogarth World Wide, Aug 2021 – Nov 2021
- Managing Nestle Waters (sanpellegrino.com and refillplus.com) projects on a 3 month contract at WPP’s leading production agency, using a mix of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- For San Pellegrino, I managed post go live hypercare for the new SanPellegrino.com international website, preparation for local market site localisations, SEO & feature enhancement related change requests, QA support, Drupal updates and more, over agile sprints and bi-weekly deployment processes. Working directly with the client and their other suppliers on weekly calls, sharing status updates, reports, organising estimates, and managing processes to drive things forward.
- For Refill Plus, I managed the Swiss market launch of their first ecommerce solution involving the launch of Magento (for mobile API driven ecommerce payments) & Drupal user web portal updates and complex system architecture integrations, security testing, end-to-end quality assurance and integration support with Nestle Waters IoT/CIAM/Ecommerce/Security teams, external Mobile App build teams, Machine software teams and Payment Gateway Platforms for this IoT/App/Web connected water personalisation and bottle refill solution for Nestle Waters Innovations Teams.
Product Lead & Customer Success Manager, Sirv.com, Nov 2020 – Apr 2021
- Assisting the founder Sirv.com (an innovative SAAS company delivering faster Image and media delivery for websites) with product feature enhancements, release cycles, debugging, help article edits and customer support management and more
Career Break / Sabbatical, May 2019 – Nov 2020
- I was a victim of street crime and following the assault, I took a break to heal broken bones
Senior Digital Project Manager, Sudler & Hennessey (WPP Health & Fitness, part of Young & Rubicam), Jan 2019 – April 2019
- Managing Digital Projects for Big Pharma, Health & Fitness clients to show/launch/enable new solutions for Key Opinion Leaders, Health Care Providers, Doctors, Chemists & Customers to consider if those solutions might work for them or their patients medical issues
- Unfortunately the manager who hired me left before my starting day, and his replacement changed the role into one which lost it’s digital focus – so we agreed to part ways
Digital Solutions Manager, Pernod Ricard, April 2017 – Nov 2018
- Working with the internal brand teams and their agencies to deliver high quality digital solutions for the excellent premium spirits and wine brands of Pernod-Ricard including: Absolut Vodka, Jacob’s Creek Wine, Chivas, Martell, Malibu Coconut Rum, Havana Club Rum and many more…
- Delivering a wide variety of support including: getting hands on with code and QA, project management assistance, technical scoping, validating suppliers costs, enhancing HQ built digital tools, building local tools to support marketing efforts, building websites, handling and reporting on consumer data and brand competitions
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud coding and support including setting up automations, emails, user journeys, automated reports and more, utilising platform specific programming HTML, CSS, AMPscript and others
- Supporting several brand/venue/competition/ecommerce/brand-experience websites in multiple content management systems (Magento Enterprise, Drupal, Episerver, CornerStone, WordPress and more) and achieving record breaking results & ROI on those in-house led campaigns
- Mastering and championing HQ built tools which streamline complex processes and offer brands rapid development options for getting ideas built tested and live in days, rather than spend more time and money externally for similar outcomes.
- Protecting the company from legal risk: Conceived, built and sold-in a system to protect the company from over 20m in legal risk to deliver a GDPR Audit Trail & Archive which matches users with all the pages that were live on a given day and links to an archive of those pages, so that GDPR compliance can be documented at user level. This system is being adopted as a global standard now, after my local market UK company efforts.
- A dedicated passionate team member who seeks to drive teams to do more and feel more confident about what they do, so that they tackle digital opportunities more boldly and deliver more effect results for their brands.
- Enabled PRUK to achieve new brand subscribers at a record rate of return and low rate of cost, with the cost per aquired subscriber ranging from as little as 7 to 24 pence per subscriber, rather than agency led efforts which came in at between £2.50 and £171 per subscriber. A massive difference in ROI for the company, and a massive difference in investment required to activate users rapidly with agilty to do more, achieve more at a much lower cost or no cost at all.
- Utilised SalesForce Marketing Cloud, JIRA, Confluence, ZenDesk, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Power BI & Datorama, HTML/JS Text Editors, Google Analytics, Facebook for Business, HotJar, and various Content Management Systems (including Magento Enterprise, Drupal, Episerver, CornerStone, WordPress, more)
Manager of Digital Services / Digital Planner, Pulse Group Ltd. June 2010 – May 2015
Summary: Head digital projects Guru assisting agency teams from initiation through to implementation to ensure high quality standards are met by all team members in the imaginative exploration of great ideas, pragmatic strategy development, creative execution, technical build, testing, deployment and review of digital projects. Overseeing and supporting multiple agency projects and project managers to increase the effectiveness of teams, maximise efficiencies, identify risks, prevent obstacles, manage suppliers, verify supplier cost/timing estimates, explore cutting edge opportunities to make a measurable difference to the bottom line of the agency and the project. Representing the agency, in confidence building ways, at all stages of project cycles including pitches, project meetings and reviews. Identifying market trends, new methods and opportunities that can add value and enhance agency offerings. Working flexibly on teams, filling in knowledge gaps, troubleshooting and pitching in wherever it’s most needed to help agency teams deliver great work on time, on budget and on target. Working for clients including:
- Blossom Hill (Wine)
- Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- Bell’s Whisky
- Rubicon Mango
- Renault and more
Responsibilities & Achievements:
- Assisting agency Project Management Teams with digital expertise and support including: project management oversight/training, scheduling, project budgeting, supplier management, verification of quoted supplier budgets, strategic development, costs management, troubleshooting, identifying risks, avoiding delays, step-by-step project breakdowns of tasks, identifying project stages and key milestones, facilitating client meetings & presentations, providing line management of projects and more
- Working flexibly with communication styles tailored appropriately to help maintain enthusiasm, drive solutions and develop harmonious relationships with client brand managers, tech teams & IT suppliers
- Helping to build client confidence and influence client decision making by supplying technical & process support in pitches, proposals, meetings, status updates and reviews in jargon-free plain english
- Proactively leading agency teams learn more and stay current with client changes to market trends, guidelines, methods, best-practice, approaches, platforms, priorities & goals at ALL stages of projects
- Providing plain-english translations of buzz-words and technical jargon – to help all team members to understand and communicate effectively
- Working flexibly on teams to lead efforts to deliver organic search market research, search engine optimisation & SEO copy writing guidance, website testing for technical/browser/user/accessibility, debugging, deploying and much more
- Google Analytics traffic reports, reviews, goal setting, and summary presentation to clients
- Pitching in where required utilising Adobe Creative Suite & other software for internet art-working and coding projects (BBEdit, CODA, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, ImageReady, Fireworks, etc.)
- Working flexibly to keep relationships and projects on track by helping out wherever it is needed, utilising a broad skill base that includes project management, client handling, documentation, presentations, design, artworking, HTML/CSS/PHP programming, testing, debugging, deployments and more
- Making a difference to the bottom line: achieving a savings of £2,000 per month for the agency – by reviewing and restructuring internal processes, resources and suppliers, then creating efficiencies, negotiating new deals, growing the team, increasing internal skill levels and reducing external costs
- Mentoring and training team members
Marketing & Technology Director and Partner, The People’s Music Awards Ltd., March 2008 – June 2011
- Branding, print design, website design/construction/maintenance from 2008 to 2011, marketing strategies and support
- Devised a organic search strategy for a user generated content managed site which achieved a “Page 1” ranking in google search results for the bands that entered the competition – ranking higher on google, many times, above Facebook/MySpace/band-sites for the bands that entered The People’s Music Awards.
- Built a bespoke Content Management System (CMS) with organic search in mind that helped to artists create profiles, share songs, ask for votes, etc.
- Maintained and supported this user content managed site during slow and busy periods of up to 150K visits per month, where intense traffic patterns are driven by public voting, weekly public voting deadlines, and artist/band initiatives
Director, DIVISION 100 Ltd. March 2003 – January 2011
- Co-founded a creative design agency which offered marketing communications design & consultation for print, multimedia and the internet, and whose staff grew from 2 to 6 and whose turnover ranged from £50k to £220k over an almost 8 year history
- Sold solutions, line managed projects and built good client relationships with a diverse range of clients that included charities, advertising agencies, non-profit membership organisations, start-ups, large corporations, entertainment venues, music industry, London theatres, banks, financial services, Lloyd’s market insurance underwriters and more
- Led creative design, development and project management teams to deliver over 35 websites with features tailored to each client, including duties like: developing great strategies, selling them to the client, making them happen, line managing the project, budget, creatives, build team, testing, deployment and more.
- Managed digital projects for major brands requiring handling negotiations, estimating budgets and time scales, coordination with external IT suppliers, complex deployment processes, and meeting tight quality assurance & brand guideline requirements
- Known by clients for contributing great ideas and “out of the box thinking” to help lead the collaborative development of marketing plans, strategy development, campaign planning, creative and technical proposals including exploring new methodology, channels, partnerships, sponsorships and more for major brands including Bing (Microsoft), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Barclays / Woolwich, Universal Music, Jarvis and many more
- Managed the delivery and build of visitthecity.co.uk for The City Corporation of London, to strict AA Accessibility standards, which was live between 2006-12 and ran on a bespoke CMS on the CakePHP framework
- Stayed on top of emerging trends, gadgets/gismos, industry thinking, commercial research, methods and innovations
- Provided strategic business advice for clients regarding the ways they could maximise outreach, grow audiences, gain traffic, manage contributions, become more search engine optimised, increase returns on investment, gain sponsorship and build partnerships
- Since October 2009, worked within a medium sized agency as their official web services contractor to provide web design and programming services, as well as assisting with their internal teams with account handling, project management, analytics, best practices assurances, user testing and social networking strategy for Diageo’s drinks brands including Bell’s Whiskey, Blossom Hill wines, Bushmills, Pimm’s, etc.
Designer, BBP&H Ltd. & The Direct Marketing Practice (DMP) September 1997 to February 2003
- Designed direct marketing materials and fulfilment packs for charities and corporations to suit their different brand guidelines and campaign objectives – where an immediate relevance and desire to learn more is required as “you have 8 seconds to grab them before they bin the mailer”
- Worked with DMP marketing teams on legacy and other charity fundraising initiatives for WWF, The Arthritis Research Campaign and The Mental Health Foundation
- Worked on advertising & direct marketing projects for clients including: Dow Jones Newswires, JPMorgan Fleming Asset Management, AIG Europe, AITC, Cap Gemini Ernst Young, QA Training, The Third Space (gym) & many more
- Initiated and coordinated internet connectivity, network setup, E-mail accounts and staff training to get the studio online in the early part of 1998
- Trained senior staff on “how to use and sell in” internet based commercial offerings including websites, micro sites (for campaigns), direct E-mails, E-mail lists management and banner ads
- Completed websites for both BBP&H, DMP and several of clients
- Utilised print & internet design & programming applications including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Adobe Pagemill, Dreamweaver, BBEdit, Flash, Fireworks and many more
Art Director, Thud Magazine February 1997 to September 1997
- Worked as a designer, then moved up to Art-Director for a free weekly entertainment magazine serving the LGBT community in greater London
- Designed and supplied all graphics as print-ready artwork to editors and printers for the weekly production of a 40 to 60 page weekly publication
- Designed advertisements & branding related work for pubs, clubs & promoters advertising in the magazine
- Initiated, coordinated and executed a successful re-design of the magazine, which resulted in a 40% (£80k pa) boost in revenue from advertisers
- Utilised software packages including Quark XPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and others.
Nationality: British & American (USA) Health: Excellent Driving Licence: US License (can rent cars in UK if required)
Interests and activities: Current Affairs, All things internet, Technology, Photography, Music, Film, Theatre, Design, Architecture, History, Arts
Available on request